Sunday, May 11, 2008

Everest Peace Project



Filmed on location in Nepal, Tibet, Israel, Palestine, Jordan, U.A.E, and the United States, the film chronicles the spectacular journey of 9 'peace climbers' from different faiths and cultures as they climb to the summit of the tallest mountain in the world. The focus is on Palestinian Ali Bushnaq and Israeli's Dudu Yifrah and Micha Yaniv. They come together and set aside their differences to forge a path of teamwork and cooperation to attempt to summit the world’s highest peak. This however, is easier said than done. Their nations have been embroiled in a brutal war for years; each believes they are on the right side of that war and each knows that on Everest the cooperation of your teammate is a matter of life and death.

"If I have done my job as a filmmaker - and I believe that I have - then people can expect to be educated, moved, and inspired by what they see on screen. I believe that it is through actions of peace that peace is spread, and I truly hope that this film will inspire people to create and accomplish their own actions across the globe." Lance Trumbull

Everest Peace Project Official Site

No comments: